Monday 11 April 2011

Cheese please!

(Originally posted 8th April 2011)


I think one of the things I started to miss first of all when we got here was cheese. I love cheese. But after my first couple of grocery shops I realised that my naive hopes of still being able to keep my fridge stocked with Brie and Manchego and Parmesan and a huge block of good old Cheddar were incredibly unrealistic. As my English friends who have played my game of 'guess how much the Boursin costs' will know, cheese is really expensive here. There's also not much of it around. When you find some, it's generally wrapped in tiny amounts that I could eat on two crackers. Or it's just not good - I ate some 'Camembert' and it tasted exactly like Dairylea triangles.   


I found out today that if you want a big selection of cheese, you can get it from, um, Amazon.co.jp. I thought you'd like to see the first one that caught my eye...  





Of course, I could forget all about mozzarella and enjoy a brand new cheese experience instead. As far as I can tell, this appears to be a bag of bits of fish wrapped in cheese: 


 


Or if we're ever feeling a bit naughty, we could order the adult hard cheese set: 



Um... does anyone want to post us a Somerset Brie and some charcoal biscuits? Pretty please?


Chloƫ

No comments:

Post a Comment