Monday 11 April 2011

Hanami in Yoyogi Park

Hanami is a traditional term meaning "get shitfaced under cherry blossom trees". The blossom itself (sakura) lasts about three weeks and right now, we're in the middle of it.





Yoyogi park was a riot of pink and drunks on a pleasant Sunday afternoon. When in Rome, and all that.





Isn't it pretty? Yes, yes is the answer to that. Especially arty shots:





Yay look! The background is all blurred, which means it's a great photo. Even if I do say so myself, and I do.


Today has been a mixture of rain and earthquakes so I imagine all the blossom has gone. Quite a reminder of the temporality of earthly life, etc, etc, blah. At least I can still get my sakura themed starbucks frappuccino (it has a weird looking pink dust showered on top of it!) and various other blossomy goodies. 


Tom 

No comments:

Post a Comment