Thursday 21 April 2011

Ikura desuka? Hyaku en desu!

Today I went to the 100 yen shop in Azabujuban. It is my new favourite shop. In a city where a melon can cost £30 and six thin slices of cheap white bread costs £1.50, finding a shop where everything is super-cheap is pretty bloody amazing (100 yen is about 70p, so this place is like a pound shop but BETTER). Would you like to see the funny Japanese things I bought? Here we go...


Yep, kitchen sponges. Not the most exciting thing, but we need some and I like the pastel colour arrangement, and they say 'Let's clean the kitchen! This is my favourite goods!' on the front. SOLD.


Next, a notebook with this delightful little scene on the front. It opens from the back (yes yes I know that's what all Japanese books do, I still think it's cool though) and the inside pages are just boxes, occasionally with pictures of the sun or other kinds of weather, so you can fill in what the day's like. I'm going to practise my kanji in the boxes, as the notebook is 'highly recommended to student'.


Next, a little lunch box. When I say little, I mean little - maybe four inches wide. I'm going to make teeny-tiny lunches to put in it, which the box assures me will make my daily life overflow with happiness.


Lastly - I didn't buy these but now I look at the photo again I am kicking myself for leaving them in the shop. They are tartan and lace slippers to wear while you are doing the housework. 

So there we go. Hyaku en, happy Chloe. I may go back there next week to get the tartan slippers, and perhaps also pick up a toilet seat cover shaped like a cartoon bear and some aloe vera juice.

Posted by Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment